Monday, January 19, 2009

Is it going to snow?? Am I going to cook??

Well the Weather Channel and The Weather on the Ones are forecasting snow for our area. I have heard everything from 1 to 6 inches of snow- I guess we will see! As for the cooking- Grandma Pina taught me how to make bread pudding today (yummy)- Thanks Grandma! At the end of this blog I posted a few other recipes Grandma has taught me- very easy recipes- if I can do it anyone can! Addisyn went for her well check today. She is 25 3/4 inches long and weighs 16 pounds even. The doctor was very impressed by Addisyn's crawling skills and Addisyn being able to pull herself to the standing position. Addisyn had a few vaccinations :( but luckily at her 9 month appt there are no shots. Addisyn has been saying "mama" for a few weeks now. She has been able to make the sound for a while, but recently we have noticed she definitely knows what it means. When she wakes up after a nap or in the middle of the night and Brian goes in for her, she will continue to cry and she begins saying "mamama" and she is calling for me! I will get up and go over to them and she puts her hands out for me (and usually goes right back to sleep). It is really sweet to know that she finds comfort in me. I think in the middle of the night she is used to having me care for her, so it is not normal when Brian goes in there and gets her (and since I breastfeed, she knows the difference between the two of us!). Anyways, our house was shown twice Saturday and once Sunday. We lowered the price and are really hoping to sell. We found a house in Jefferson Woods that we would Loooovvvveeee to buy! Well we will post again soon.

Love,
Lindy, Brian, Addisyn, and Bear

Addisyn biting on her crib:


Pulling up and reaching for her jumper:


She sees herself in the mirror:



I love my piano!


Addisyn in her horse laughing as I say "boo"- this video is kind of dark:



Addisyn had been playing her piano but I distracted her with the camera:





Recipes from Grandma Pina- (so easy that I can make them)- Thanks Grandma!


***Simple Banana Pie:

1 pkg (4-serving size) Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 3/4 cups cold milk
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup thawed cool whip
2 medium bananas
1 graham pie crust

Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mix; beat with wire whisk 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in marshmallows and cool whip.

Place banana slices evenly over bottom of crust; cover with pudding mixture.

Refrigerate at least 1 hour (makes 8 servings)- Very yummy pie!!!


***No Bake Cheesecake

1 pkg Oreo cookies divided
1/4 cup butter melted
4 pkg (8 oz) Cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tub cool whip

Coarsely chop 15 of the cookies; set aside. Finely crush remaining cookies; mix with butter. Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9 inch pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and chopped cookies. Spoon over crust; cover

Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm (makes 24 servings- 1 piece each)

With this recipe you can use any kind of oreo. We tried mint oreos and it was delicious!

0 comments: