Poor Addisyn has been very sick since Sunday. Brian took her to the Dr on Monday and the nose swab confirmed she has RSV. Brian asked the Dr where Addisyn could have caught it (she is not in daycare and has no contact with other kids) and she said Addisyn probably caught it when she came in a week ago for her well check (RSV is highly contagious and can live on any surface and can also spread through droplets in the air). The Dr sent home a nebulizer so we can give her breathing treatments, but since it is a virus it just has to run its course. When Brian was leaving a couple was bringing in their 10 day old baby for its 10 day well check- how scary. Poor Addisyn has been super congested, wheezing, and occasionally gasping for air (which is scary for her and she panics). It is awful to see as a parent. I wish I could be sick for her. Addisyn has been up every 1-2 hours coughing or hungry all night- she cant eat well because she cant breathe out of her nose, so she eats smaller more frequent meals. The Dr said it can take 2 or sometimes even 3 weeks for them to get completely over it. I hope since I am breastfeeding she gets better sooner. Her nose wasn't as runny last night and she wasn't wheezing, so she actually slept about 4 hours at a time. Pray for Addisyn to have a quick recovery.
Our house is officially under contract- we have a closing date of March 20th. Sadly, the house we wanted in Jefferson Woods is under contract, so we can't put in an offer on it :( I guess it just wasn't met to be. I am sure we will find the right house eventually (we are looking for a house with a garage- since Brian is so handy- and preferably 4 bedrooms or 3 bedrooms and a play room- Addisyn has more toys than the average child).
We will post again soon!
Love,
Lindy, Brian, Addisyn, and Bear
PS Please excuse any spelling errors, I typed this with one hand b/c I was pumping :)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Addisyn caught RSV
Posted by Lindy & Brian at 3:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment