Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!!!

It is hard to believe it is 2010! 2009 passed by quickly- as the years seem to be doing :) Brian and I will celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary in June (it doesn't seem like we have been married that long). Anyways, we have been plagued by sickness once again (this makes the 6th time since October). Addisyn and I both have the sinus pressure, stuff in the lungs, popping ears kind of deal (no fun!). I have fared better than she because I have not thrown up! To say the least, we spent New Year's Eve at home and pretty much slept through the New Year- but the neighbors did wake us up with some fireworks :) On New Year's Day we headed to Cherryville to visit Linda (Brian's mom) and siblings Katie and Ben. The Robertsons were in town so we got to visit with them as well :) We headed off to see the Cherryville Shooters (I never knew such a red neck event still existed lol). These guys get drunk and drive around town (with a police escort) and fire their guns (packed with black powder) over people's houses for like 18 hours (traditionally to ward of evil spirits). They drive around in U-Haul trucks with the back open and their couches and beds inside (and of course the U-Haul is sporting the rebel flag). What a sight! Anyways, on Saturday we had dinner at Dave's and I got to meet Dave's brother Robby (which of course is Brian's uncle). Here are some pics of our eventful holiday :)

Addisyn pushing around her baby doll and pom poms in her shopping cart...


Addisyn at Linda's house...


Cherryville Shooters Event...
Yes this U-Haul is decorated with Christmas lights and a Rebel Flag lol...


This guy is proud of his gun...




It was cold out there so Addisyn kept warm by exercising on the bleachers...




I should have mentioned that the "grand finale" is at the football stadium. Here come a bunch of drunk people to shoot their guns. The one guy even said "After I shoot my gun I am going to go right over there and take a piss"- yeah, my thoughts exactly!







Here is a picture of Dave, Robby, Brian, and Addisyn...


We will post again soon!
Love,
Lindy, Brian, Addisyn, and Bear/Dog

0 comments: