We did close on the house on May 28th and we are in the middle of an extensive renovation. We bought the hardwoods, cabinets, counter tops, new doors (and accessories), and landscaping (water control- which had to be done). I finished painting the house a few days ago (thank goodness!!)- several days of nothing but painting is awful- try painting over 2000+ sq feet- yuck. The only thing we will not be doing ourselves is installing the carpet in the bedrooms (we are going to have Lowes do this for us). Pics of our renovation to come....
A little over a week ago, Justin's (Kim's boyfriend) truck was stolen. The police recovered the 'remains' of the torched vehicle. It was found behind an industry on 321 in Gastonia. The rims were gone, the headlights/taillights were all gone, and what was left was so burned you could barely tell it was a truck. It is absolutely sickening that someone could have done that! There is a police detective looking into it.
I did receive my official admission to UNCG graduate school letter in the mail. I am starting classes this fall (which I need to register for before they all fill up). My last day at DSS was May 29th- I was told I could come back anytime :) I was planning on working part time at the hospital again, but the hospital was looking for a part time employee who could work full time hours. I started on June 1st and realized that I would be working 7:30 to 4:30 Monday- Friday and I could "let them know if I wanted to be off a day here or there". My take on it: I did not take a $4.50/hr pay cut to work full time hours- I was wanting to work part time (20 or 25 hours/wk) so I could have more time to spend with Addisyn. So with all that being said I am officially a full time stay-at-home mommy :) I spent a few days last week finishing up the painting and this upcoming week I will arrange to have the carpet installed. We would like to move next weekend (this all depends on whether or not we have our carpet, fridge, and stove- and if Brian is done with the other vital things). Once we move I will get to enjoy the perks of full time mommy-hood lol.
Today we went to Babies-r-us and bought an awesome forward facing carseat for Addisyn. It has extra cushions and excellent crash-test ratings. I am finally going to be able to sit in the front seat of the car again (I have been sitting in the back with Addisyn since she was born b/c she has been facing the back seat in her rear-facing carseat). Addisyn enjoyed running around the store and grabbing toys off the shelf. She is so independent now! She wants to do everything herself. It is so precious!
Addisyn will be 1 yr old on June 27th- soooo hard to believe! We are planning a pool party on that day (since it lands on a Saturday) at Water's Edge pool (Grandma Neff and Grandma/pa Pina all live there)- Invitations to come!
I will post again soon with pics.
Love,
Lindy, Brian, Addisyn, and Bear
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Ready to finish up the house...
Posted by Lindy & Brian at 7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment